Project Forgiveness 2009

Welcome to Project Forgiveness. Here, we collect and post videos, emails, postcards and other expressions of regret from those who seek to forgive and from those who wish to express regret.

In the days leading up to the Jewish New Year, we offer this forum as a first step. It is our hope that sharing thoughts of forgiveness online will translate into actual forgiveness between individuals in the days to come.

How to participate? It's simple. Send us your "sorry" (upload a video to youtube and send us the link) or email us at: forgiveness or mail to:

Project Forgiveness
WPR
P.O. Box 5134
Bergenfield, NJ 07621

We accept postcards, emails, powerpoint, art, music, video and more!

September 22, 2006

I forgive my Dad. He gave me money for my utility bill, but he lost his temper and swore at me. He was disappointed in me because he grew up very poor and he never had anyone to help him out in this way. I understand why he was angry, and I forgive him for it. I know he loves me.

I forgive my mother for not protecting me from mental abuse by my "step-father". She was only looking for someone who cared about her. This man turned out to be a drug addict. My mother is such a good woman. She did not deserve this. She is always there for her children, but when we told her to leave this man who used her, she was hesitant. She was only looking for security. I completely forgive her.

No comments: