Project Forgiveness 2009

Welcome to Project Forgiveness. Here, we collect and post videos, emails, postcards and other expressions of regret from those who seek to forgive and from those who wish to express regret.

In the days leading up to the Jewish New Year, we offer this forum as a first step. It is our hope that sharing thoughts of forgiveness online will translate into actual forgiveness between individuals in the days to come.

How to participate? It's simple. Send us your "sorry" (upload a video to youtube and send us the link) or email us at: forgiveness or mail to:

Project Forgiveness
WPR
P.O. Box 5134
Bergenfield, NJ 07621

We accept postcards, emails, powerpoint, art, music, video and more!

September 10, 2008

Dear Friend,

I forgive you that you yelled at me.
I forgive you that you lost control of your anger.
I forgive you that you took out all your hardships on me.
I forgive you that you lashed out at me when you felt I was hurting you.
I forgive you that you caused me to fall silent.
I forgive you that you unintentionally destroyed my self-worth.
I forgive you that you said I'm sorry and then did it again.
I forgive you for not having enough patience to pull me out from behind the all the locks I had placed around my heart.
I forgive you for not treating me with love when I was lost and alone on the edge of myself.
I forgive you that when I gave you the only thing I had left (myself), you rejected me.
I forgive you for having to sacrifice my deepest self so that I could keep you from hurting you so much that you could not let it go.

I'm sorry that I yelled back.
I'm sorry that I wasn't in always in control of my anger.
I'm sorry that I was cold and unloving.I'm sorry that I stopped trusting you.
I'm sorry that I became mean.
I'm sorry that everything I said or did hurt you.
I'm sorry that the thing I wanted most was to stop being your friend.
I'm sorry that I felt relieved that I could pull back when you found the one person you really needed.
I'm sorry that I couldn't fix your problems and heal your heart.

Thank you for forgiving me every time.
Thank you for not holding any of it against me.
Thank you for giving me reason to trust you again.
Thank you for showing me the gift of being human.
Thank you for teaching me how to let my emotions get the best of me and have it be ok.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to find the best in myself when I had become the worst of myself.

I loved you just as deeply through everything.I only wanted to set things right.
I tried to understand you so I would not condemn you.
I understood that you were not at fault and that the situation was the problem.
I promised that I would never stop being your friend and I kept that promise to the expense of myself.I let it go every time you hurt me.
I never meant to hurt you.

Icould not send this to you, because we have already forgiven each other and are continuing the trusting, mutual friendship we had before the hard times. Sending you this would only give you pain because you would know how much you hurt me. But I wanted to release it from my self so that the all the anger, vengefulness, and hurt would no longer be a part of me.

I forgive you with truth, with love, and with a whole heart.

I love you always,Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This made me cry. Thank you for submitting whoever submitted. It shows what we are capable of - in terms of both bad behavior and boundless love and forgiveness.